Lush Gardens, Lively Concerts and Outdoor Kitchens in Full Bloom at EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival
New experiences sprout alongside returning festival favorites to offer a bloomin’ great time for the entire family to cultivate fresh memories
A perennial guest-favorite springtime event is now bursting with fragrant blossoms, seasonally inspired flavors and lively entertainment. The EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival runs through July 4, 2022, cultivating fresh experiences for the entire family as part of the “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” honoring the Walt Disney World Resort 50th Anniversary.
Over the course of 125 days, the event is one of the longest flower and garden festivals in the United States. Encompassing more than 300 acres, the seasonal plantings change throughout the festival, offering evolving displays of vibrant hues, textures, shapes and scents. Here’s what guests can discover:
Eye-Catching Topiaries, Brilliant Blossoms, Playful Fun
Nearly 100 individual topiaries, breathtaking garden spaces, exciting exhibits and more are available to explore. A few highlights:
- Disney Character topiaries offer a perfect backdrop for springtime photos:
- A new main entrance display features Goofy with a birthday cake celebrating the Walt Disney World Resort 50th
- New topiaries of the Seven Dwarfs will accompany Snow White near the Germany pavilion in World Showcase.
- Returning favorites include Lumiere and Cogsworth topiaries in the France pavilion; Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Tick Tock Croc between the United Kingdom and Canada pavilions; and Pumbaa and Timon near Imagination!
- Near a topiary of Chef Remy in the newly expanded France pavilion in World Showcase, a new France Bouquet Garden invites guests to admire blooms perfect for a bouquet of cut flowers.
- On the bridge to World Showcase, guests can enjoy the sights and scents of spring at a new garden, Blossoms of Fragrance Presented by Scentsy. Surrounded by vibrant butterfly topiaries, guests can follow their noses to six scent stations – floral, fruity, citrus, spice, woods and fresh – to form lasting memories with the help of unforgettable aromas.
- Health Full Trail Presented by AdventHealth offers a fun way for families to play and learn how to stay healthy.
- Outdoor Escapes Presented by OFF!® Repellents lets guests enjoy a moment of relaxation while learning how easy it is to create an outdoor escape of their own.
- The Honey Bee-stro hosted by National Honey Board™ invites guests to learn about the critical role honey bees play in the environment.
- Bambi’s Butterfly House lets guests view a kaleidoscope of butterflies up close, showcasing their extraordinary beauty and colors.
- And, the ever-popular Green Landing Family Play Zone in World Discovery lets the little ones frolic with WALL-E in his eco-friendy garden.
The Return of Garden Rocks Concert Series
Live musical performances at the America Gardens Theatre are making their much-anticipated encore featuring internationally recognized artists Friday through Monday and local bands rocking the house Tuesday through Thursday. This year’s lineup includes:
- CeCe Winans
- Kool & The Gang
- Rick Springfield
- The Pointer Sisters
- Don McLean
- Collin Raye
- Blue October
- Little River Band
- Thelma Houston
- STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas
- Latin hitmakers Melina León and Claudia Leitte
- And many others!
With a Garden Rocks Dining Package (available for Friday through Monday concerts), guests can enjoy a leisurely meal at a select EPCOT restaurant and guaranteed seating at one of the performances later that same day. To see pricing, the full lineup of artists and performance dates, and to make a dining package reservation, guests may visit FreshEPCOT.com
Fresh Flavors at Outdoor Kitchens
Whether it’s on the plate or in the glass, the finest of spring’s bounty is showcased at nearly 20 Outdoor Kitchens offering a variety of tasty dishes, desserts and specialty sips. Here is just a sampling of the more than 50 brand-new offerings:
- EPCOT Farmers Feast presents an abundance of flavor with a rotating seasonal menu that will change three times throughout the festival. Some highlights include:
- March 2 to April 9: “Early Bloom” Menu offers Chilled Potato and Leek Soup “Vichyssoise” with chive oil and crispy leeks; and Goat Cheese Creamsicle Pop – goat cheese crémeux, orange cream, olive oil cake, cranberry sauce, and praline
- April 10 to May 21: “Springtime” Menu will feature Grilled Vegetable Bruschetta with marinated peppers, zucchini, squash, artichokes, goat cheese, and balsamic glaze on grilled ciabatta
- May 22 to July 4: “Summer Solstice” Menu will feature A Whole Lotta Melon – feta cheesecake with watermelon curd, pickled watermelon rind, watermelon caramel, and compressed watermelon
- The Citrus Blossom bursts with intriguing flavors such as Crispy Mojo Marinated Pork Belly with avocado cream, corn salsa, salsa verde, and plantain chips; and the Grapefruit Tart featuring grapefruit curd, lychee jam, ginger mousse, and yuzu cream.
- La Isla Fresca showcases the Coconut Tres Leches: vanilla cake soaked in oat milk, almond milk, and coconut milk with toasted coconut.
- Tangierine Café serves up an herbal-inspired delight with the Mediterranean Flatbread with Za’atar, featuring artichokes, olives, mozzarella, and feta cheese.
Shoppers Will Buzz With Delight!
This year’s festival merchandise introduces five new collections to the event’s bountiful selection. Guests can visit Festival Markets throughout EPCOT to shop for official event merchandise, including:
- Orange Bird Collection, eye-catching fashions, accessories and adorable keepsakes
- Mickey Mouse Home Garden Collection, a vibrant assortment of apparel, drinkware, yard tools and other coordinating accessories
- Spike The Bee Collection, evoking nostalgia for longtime Disney fans with a variety of collectable novelties, apparel and accessores
- Figment’s Garden Collection, paying tribute to Figment’s love of all things purple – including beets
- The whimsical Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Collection, featuring an array of items depicting those true originals in dapper ensembles ready for a stroll in the garden
Merchandise can be found at festival retail locations across EPCOT beginning on March 2, with additional pieces debuting throughout the festival. Select items are also available on shopDisney.com.
Food Stroll and Scavenger Hunt Encourage Exploration
Guests can have even more fun exploring the festival by participating in interactive experiences (separate purchase required):
- Garden Graze is a fun food stroll highlighting five delicious sweet and savory offerings listed in the Festival Passport. After their purchase, guests can complete the graze by collecting stamps in their passport to receive a special prize.
- Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration is a fun scavenger hunt for kids of all ages. Maps and stickers can be purchased at select merchandise locations (available while supplies last). Guests can then complete their map to receive a special prize.
New EPCOT Experiences Celebrate Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary
New experiences introduced as part of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” offer even more ways to cultivate fresh experiences at this year’s festival:
- Guests can enjoy Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure in the France pavilion and join Chef Remy on a daring and epic culinary journey as they zip, dash and scurry through Gusteau’s bustling Paris restaurant.
- Also new at EPCOT is another delight for the senses: “Harmonious” – one of the largest nighttime spectaculars ever created for a Disney park.
To experience the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival, guests need both a valid park admission and a park reservation for EPCOT on the same date. For more details on this year’s festival, guests can visit FreshEPCOT.com.